The Norman Family Charitable Trust
14 Fore Street
Phone: 01395 446699
Charity No: 277616
Grant Application Form
Please complete the form as fully as possible and try to answer all the questions. You may expand the text boxes if you need to and can refer to additional documents if necessary. If you are using the Word version of the form, replace all the instances of [type here] with your own text. We have prepared a test completed applicaton form which you may find helpful to refer to if you have any problems with the questions: specimen completed application form
PLEASE TICK OFF ALL ITEMS ON THE CHECKLIST BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Notes for specific questions
8. The Trust wishes to reduce its postage costs and paper usage and so would prefer to correspond with you via e-mail if possible. Please can you indicate whether this is acceptable? Please check your spam/junk e-mail folders for correspondence from the Trust before contacting us.
10. Please inform us of the legal status of your organisation, e.g. registered charity, community interest company etc. The Norman Family Charitable Trust can only assist non-profit making organisations and is unable to assist individuals.
12. What is your organisation set up to do? These are the aims as set out in your mission statement or constitution. What are the main activities that you carry out in order to meet your aims? How many people does your organisation regularly assist? Do you rely on volunteers?
13. Please give us a brief outline of the purpose of your application. This will be used as a summary for our Trustees so please make it as clear as possible. Try to limit it to no more than 35 words as it will be entered into our database. There is opportunity to expand on your request at question 16.
14. This is the total amount you would like to request from the Trust. You must enter a figure here if you wish your application to be considered.
16. This is your opportunity to go into more detail about your request for funding.
17. Feel free to expand this question or refer to a separate sheet if you need more space.
18. The Trust can only help those living in the South West region, with a preference for Devon and Cornwall. Please indicate how your project will help the Trust achieve this aim. National charities need to be able to demonstrate how their work will benefit those in the South West of England.
19b. Please list any previous applications you have made to the NFCT during the past 5 years and include whether you were successful or not, approximate dates and amounts awarded if applicable.
20. Grant Payment Details - Should your application be successful, you can choose whether to receive your grant payment by direct BACS transfer to your organisation’s bank account, or by cheque in the post. We would like to encourage you to use the BACS option if possible.
If you choose the BACS option, you MUST enclose confirmation of your account details with the application form. This should clearly show the name of your bank, the name of the account, the account number and the sort code. A copy of a paying in slip or recent bank statement is ideal for this purpose. If we do not receive this and your application is successful, your grant will be paid by cheque.
There are no deadlines for receipt of applications as the Trust considers all applications in date-received order at a Sub Committee held every 6-8 weeks. The date of the next Sub Committee is posted on the 'About the Trust' page - to be considered at this meeting, we need to have received your application at least 2 weeks before the meeting date. You will receive confirmation of the outcome of your application shortly after the meeting, either by e-mail or letter. We expect you to acknowledge receipt of the grant in writing. If you fail to do so, a note will be kept on file should you decide to apply again and could be detrimental to the outcome of this subsequent application.
Please make sure you have done the following:
- > Answered all the questions on the form in the spaces provided
- > Returned the completed application form together with the following:
- > A copy of your most recent signed annual accounts if they are NOT available on the Charity Commission web site (http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/)
- > Confirmation of your bank details if you wish any successful grant to be paid electronically via BACS
- > A covering letter on your organisation’s letter headed paper (where possible) giving a brief introduction to your application
- > Retained a copy of your application form
Please do not use plastic files or folders when sending your application form and supporting documents to the Trust as we do not have the facility to store them. Also, please do not send your application via recorded/special delivery as such post tends to get delivered when there is no one available at the office to sign for it.
Monitoring & Evaluation
The Trustees are always interested to see updates on the progress of work supported by the Trust. We will invite a selection of grantees with larger grants, plus those flagged up by the Trustees, to report back on how their grant was spent and the difference it has made to their work, by means of a short monitoring form.
A paper copy of the form will usually be sent a few months after the grant offer letter but an electronic version is also available for completion on your computer. The form is currently only available in MS Word and PDF formats:
We have prepared a completed form which you may find helpful to look at if you are unsure about some of the questions: specimen completed monitoring form
Organisations in receipt of large grants or those who receive regular annual funding may be visited by a Trustee or member of staff. This will give organisations a chance to feedback to us how their grant has been used, how they found the Trust’s application process and discuss any current and future funding needs.
How your information will be used by the Trust
The Norman Family Charitable Trust processes date in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Trust obtains and uses information, including personal data, as part of the process of assessing grant applications and monitoring the use of grants. It will not be used for any additional purpose or disclosed to any third parties without your permission, except for the purpose of determining, preventing or detecting crime, validating the bona fides of contracts or where this is otherwise required by law.
Our contact details for enquiries about how we process your information are:
The Norman Family Charitable Trust, 14 Fore Street, Budleigh Salterton, Devon, EX9 6NG