The Norman Family Charitable Trust
14 Fore Street
Phone: 01395 446699
Charity No: 277616
Norman Family Charitable Trust
Policies and Aims of the Trust
Below is a brief guide as to the Trust’s Policies and Aims which are known to reflect the wishes of the Norman family:
- The Trust’s primary objective is to help registered charities working in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset.
- Applications from National Charities will be considered if the appeal relates to a project which will be of help in the South Western Counties.
- Help is not given to any organisation which uses live animals for experimental or research purposes.
- Assistance is not available for the maintenance or repair of religious buildings.
- It is not the Trust’s policy to fund projects outside of the United Kingdom.
- The Trust does not help individuals directly.
- The Trust has recently given grants to the following 6 organisations to assist young people from the South West:
Please contact these organisations directly, mentioning the Trust’s name, rather than applying to us.
Grant Policy for 2014/15
The Trust is continuing to welcome and prioritise grant applications from smaller charities based in Devon, Cornwall or Somerset. These will be charities wholly based in the South West, without much national appeal and who have limited resources for fundraising.
These applications will be considered before those from large national charities based outside the South West with substantial professional fundraising teams.
If you are one of these smaller South West charities, your application will be welcomed and please use the application form which is available to download from the Applying for a Grant page.